In the past, I’ve randomly kept a journal with random moments for memories. I used bullet points and organized the moments by month. These were always fun to look back on and I decided I wanted to do something similar here. I decided I’ll share five favorites, whether they are moments/thoughts/things/experiences or honestly anything from the week that inspired me or made me happy. I’m not sure what will be included on a weekly basis but I hope it provides a nice snapshot of some memories from each week!
To be honest, it was so hard to pick just 5 things. And I did NOT think that would be the case. Sometimes I can get really down for no reason and this was like a therapy exercise for positivity because I realized how many things I am lucky enough to feel grateful for. It truly helped my perspective. For example, I was woken up after only about an hour of sleep last night (and then every hour after that) because Charlie is in a major sleep regression, and instead of being stressed, I turned to my husband and said “we are so lucky to have this little nugget.” Normally I wouldn’t be that positive in a moment of extreme sleep deprivation. Yet, for some reason, waking up every hour last night didn’t seem to bother me as much as usual. So, I do hope to keep this series up and I hope finding five things a week to be grateful for never gets hard. It would be a very nice and needed reminder of how wonderful life can be.
Here are my five favorites from this week:
- Charlie turned 5 months old on December 4th! I cannot believe this little munchkin is already 5 months old. He has such a personality already. He squeals at everything and laughs so hard whenever he plays. He doesn’t love to sleep though, unless he is touching someone, and that’s okay. I love him!
- My alma mater is bringing back the college football coach that coached while I was in undergrad, Greg Schiano. I am so excited for the upcoming football seasons. The past few years as a Rutgers Football fan have been a true test of loyalty to say the least.
- First snow of the season! Charlie touched the snow! He was indifferent! haha
- Disney + ! I am so happy that this streaming service exists, as I am sure a lot of people are too! If you haven’t jumped in yet, DO IT! I’m so grateful that it came into existence once I had Charlie because I know he will grow up with Disney just like I did. My current favorites are: The Imagineering Story, One Day At Disney, The Plausible Impossible, and The Santa Clause trilogy. And of course, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse has been on repeat. A few others that I have loved watching include: Three Men and a Baby, Boy Meets World, Sleeping Beauty, Toy Story, The Sound of Music, and Lizzie McGuire. These are perfect to put on in the background while taking care of the baby and I really cannot believe I lived without this service (joking… well, kind of). I especially love browsing by decade. It is so fun to sift through everything that way. I’m obsessed
- This modern tree skirt from Crate and Barrel. We have a small living area and this skirt takes up less space than a traditional fabric skirt and looks stunning!
Can’t wait to share my favorites for next week! <3