What a week! Started off the week by meeting up with my two best friends from high school. There is nothing like meeting up with them. I can always be myself around them and I always feel rejuvenated whenever I get to spend time with them. I feel so lucky to have them in my life and I really cherish my friendship with both of them. It was truly a great week and it was harder than usual to pick five favorites! By the way, I am going to move these posts to Sunday nights, that way I can include weekend activities in my weekly roundup!
- Dinner out in NYC at Butter with my High School and forever besties. Highly recommend this restaurant. The restaurant is helmed by Food Network star and Executive Chef Alex Guarnaschelli, and the food is fabulous!
- After Dinner Drinks at P.S. Kitchen. This is a vegan restaurant in Midtown Manhattan. What’s even better is that the restaurant strives to make a tangible impact in the community and donates 100% of profits to charity. This plant-based gem was founded by someone who works in finance and the restaurant partners with various incredible non-profits. The restaurant says it commits to “hand ups” instead of “hand outs” by hiring those marginalized in NY. For more about their partnerships and impact check out: https://www.ps-kitchen.com/partners-and-impact.
- I was finally accepted to Reward Style, which is company behind the “LiketoKnow.it” posts! I’m am so happy about this because this took so long for me to get accepted! I applied months ago and finally had the courage to re-apply now that I’ve been blogging more consistently. Click HERE to shop and support this new passion of mine! I appreciate it more than you could ever know!
- I’m not sure I can count this one as a favorite, but it is definitely big news this week: we started sleep training with Charlie. AH! It is emotionally tough on me, but I know it is so important for his health, development and the well-being of our family. Prior to starting sleep training, he was sleeping next to me and nursing on me ALL NIGHT LONG, which I secretly loved, but it was starting to exhaust me. I couldn’t put him down without being right next to him; therefore, we were attached 24/7- while he was he was sleeping and while awake. I am going to miss all the snuggles and having him wake up nestled up next to me, but I am also so happy to get some time to myself back.
- Feeding Charlie solids! Oh my gosh, I am obsessed with this stage. I have been making his food and he LOVES everything so far. It is so fun watching him eat. He honestly cannot get enough. I’m having so much fun with it!
Hope everyone has a great week!