First blog post of 2020! I am so excited for this year. To be perfectly honest, I have had this blog as a New Year’s resolution probably since 2014. I even got my camera as a birthday gift back in 2016. So this has been a long time in the making and I’m finally ready to put myself out there.
I have never been big on New Year’s resolutions. I don’t even particularly like New Year’s Eve as a holiday. I don’t know why. Maybe because of bad past experiences on the night or maybe the fact that the holidays are over. Not entirely sure, but it isn’t my favorite. This year, my husband suggested making SMART goals instead of broad lofty goals such as: “keep up with my blog.” I had to look this acronym up. It stands for: S-Specific, M-Measurable, A-attainable, R-Relevant, T-Time-based. He suggested smaller, strategic goals that I can reasonably meet. For example, instead of just “work out,” he suggested “ride the Peloton once a week.” Or instead of “work on my blog,” he offered “post at least once a week on the blog.” Now, I feel dumb for not creating these small goals for myself but I’m all in this year! Goals for 2020 are small but attainable, they are SMART! So cheers to a new perspective on New Year’s resolutions for this new decade!
My five favorites for this first week:
- New Year’s Eve with my husband and son. We stayed in and I wouldn’t have had it any other way. Drank very little champagne and talked about SMART goals for 2020. LOL
- Charlie had his first trip to COSTCO! If you don’t know my husband, Costco is his favorite store. Even his coworkers gave us a gift card there before Charlie was born. So this outing was one for the books. We ended up having to leave after a half hour because he was a little fussy, but that’s okay. He hasn’t been feeling that well because he has a cold and I needed to leave and nurse him. He was loving the store while he was inside though!
- This TATCHA primer. Oh my. I have tried so many primers and hated so many of them. They always make me break out. I have been using this for the past week and it is mind blowing. If my opinion on this changes over time, I’ll be sure to let you know.
- Paleo Pizza Friday! I have been making the same paleo pizza crust for years now. I love my recipe. Ty loves the recipe. I have made it so many times. I crave it often! That being said, the crust is paleo but the toppings will likely not be paleo. So please keep that in mind if you are looking for paleo recipes. I want to start making different pizzas on Fridays with this crust. This week I did a very easy version of Margherita Pizza. This might not be attainable every Friday but I plan on doing it at least 1-2 Fridays a month. For reference, I use these Personal Size Pizza Stones, from Pampered Chef. I don’t have too many items from Pampered Chef but I have owned these personal size stones for years. They are wonderful and they make all the difference when cooking pizza without a high temp pizza oven.
- Today is Charlie’s half birthday!!!!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS LITTLE BOY IS 6 MONTHS OLD! I just love him.
Hope everyone is having a great start to their 2020 <3