This week went by so fast but was also so long at the same time. Charlie had his first cold, which wasn’t bad but it still weighed hard on my heart. He never ran a fever and was as happy as a clam despite his little cough. I also had my annual colonoscopy. If you don’t know already, I have Crohn’s disease that flared in late 2017 into July of 2018. I started a new medicine a few months before I got pregnant late 2018 and it worked wonderfully up until the last month or so. Unfortunately, it’s common to flare after a pregnancy so I’m not all that surprised. My colonoscopy results weren’t as positive as I was hoping for, but it is an improvement from 2018 when my results were horrible and showed severe Crohn’s disease. This time my doctor categorized it as moderate and we are making some tweaks to my medicine in hopes to push it into remission again. Praying for the best over here and staying positive. I just keep telling myself how lucky I am to have experienced an uneventful pregnancy that resulted in a beautiful healthy baby boy. And to put it all into perspective, I have a beautiful family that I love so dearly and we have so many amazing things to look forward to on a daily basis.
Anyway, here are five of my favorites from the week:
- Family Christmas Pajamas from Target. We didn’t send out Christmas cards this year but we took a picture in our matching pajama sets from Target. They run a little big so size down if between sizes!
- Baby Gap Organic Reindeer Zipper Onesie– This is on sale for $16 and it’s normally $39.95. If you know anyone with a baby due in the summer, get this for them right now! In size 6-9 months! This has been my favorite piece of clothing for Charlie lately. He has been living in Christmas gear since the day after Thanksgiving and despite how much I love red & green everything, I love this pattern and shade of blue. It is a very neutral blue and has not faded one bit after about 10 washes already. Baby Gap clothing really wears so well. I am definitely a Carter’s mom, but Baby Gap has some of the best quality items in my opinion.
- Caudalie Vinoperfect Skin Serum– I have been obsessed with this clean brand ever since I’ve heard of it. I have extremely sensitive skin and have issues with so many skincare products. I have and love several products from this brand. My absolute favorite is this serum. My skin has changed drastically since I started using it about a year ago and it is worth every penny.
- These Scratch Art Mini Notes – These might be the cutest and most affordable gift for any young kids on your Christmas list, a must buy!
- Winter Cocktail Stirrers from Terrain – The pinecone design is a subtle and classy reminder of the winter season and would look beautiful accompanying all holiday party decor!
Happy Holidays! I hope everyone is excited for Christmas week next week!