I am honestly TERRIBLE at home design. I am always in awe when people can piece together a space beautifully. It’s just not in my DNA. So naturally, I rely on Pinterest & Instagram for my inspiration. I honestly don’t know how people did it before these things existed!
Once I found some inspiring posts and nailed a color palette down (sage green, tan, cream, white, gray), I decided to put together this little inspiration board. The board includes the bigger items I wanted to use as a starting point for little man’s nursery.
When I began designing the room, I started with the rug and wallpaper. I wanted a cozy, yet fun room that felt relaxing without being too kiddish. I knew if I got some fun removable wallpaper for an accent wall, then I would want a more sophisticated rug to complement it. I eventually decided on this fun arrow wallpaper from Etsy, which I had customized in a sage green. Once I settled on that, I searched for a vintage style rug with some arrow shapes in the pattern. I eventually found this awesome beige rug from Wayfair and love how the two pieces play off of each other. It feels like a mix of whimsical, bohemian, and sophisticated. Also, the rug quality is AMAZING. I highly recommend purchasing rugs through Wayfair if you are ever looking for an affordable rug!
The rest of the items were easier once I nailed down those big items. I just chose items that were within my budget and fit into the color scheme!
I’ll be adding more items as the room continues to come together, but this was a great starting point, so I thought I’d share, especially for any other design-challenged friends out there!
- Hoagland Beige Area Rug – https://www.wayfair.com/rugs/pdp/charlton-home-hoagland-beige-area-rug-chlh6385.html?piid=19294181
- Tripod Floor Lamp – https://www.wayfair.com/lighting/pdp/wrought-studio-alresford-60-tripod-floor-lamp-w001514706.html
- Hanging Canvas Wall Art – https://www.amazon.com/Cotton-Canvas-Co-Alphabet-Hanging/dp/B07MFZYTLY
- Ikea Hemnes 8-drawer Dresser – https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80374284/
- Babyletto Lolly Crib – https://www.amazon.com/Babyletto-Lolly-Convertible-Toddler-Natural/dp/B00HAZS3TI/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=babyletto%2Blolly%2Bcrib&qid=1556252848&s=home-garden&sr=1-2&th=1
- Livettes Removable Wallpaper, customized in Sage Green – https://www.etsy.com/listing/187781599/scandinavian-style-removable-wallpaper?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=livettes+wallpaper&ref=sr_gallery-1-5
- Pottery Barn Comfort Swivel Glider & Recliner, in Washed Grainsack Flax – https://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/comfort-recliner/?catalogId=15&sku=5082248&cm_ven=PLA&cm_cat=Google&cm_pla=Furniture%20%3E%20Nursery%20Chairs%20%26%20Ottomans%20%3E%20Recliners&cm_ite=5082248&gclid=CjwKCAjwtYXmBRAOEiwAYsyl3EMWRIRKrF5k12rSg9LmWyo5_JpcsJnBEH9r7re7HlOoQhUzyM5T6hoCXf4QAvD_BwE
I am so excited to see this room come together! I cannot wait to be in there with my little guy!